Monday 23 July 2012

Pictures from my garden

We built our new house in 2008 and finished it in 2009. There was lots of builders rubble and weeds and nothing else. I had a dozen roses in pots, some had been in pots for several years.
When we first planted, everything seemed really small. 2009 was a bad year for Adelaide gardens, there was a drought and severe water restrictions.
I thought I might lose some of my roses, but surprisingly they seemed not to mind too much.
2011 was a year of above average rainfall, so the garden flourished.
 Charlotte, a David Austin rose, grows well in a pot.
 Grace, another David Austin rose, lots of flowers, tea perfume.
 Blue salvia, with Belenois java male butterfly.

 Falstaff, large shrub, looks like it will be a climber. Lots of flowers in the second and third year.
 Stachys also called Lambs ears, does well in hot weather.
 Summer Song, gorgeous colour, perfume is banana and ripe fruit.
 Grace, foreground with Summer Song, background.
 David Austin roses Happy Child and Golden Celebration.
 Pat Austin, Lichfield Angel, Golden Celebration, Grace and Summer Song.
My cat, Carmen, with roses Falstaff and The Endeavour.

2 comments: